Childress Vineyards is one of the most beautiful vineyards and stunning places a traveler can ever be.
The scenery is so beautiful that it will keep you asking yourself if you have landed on another planet.
The vineyard was started by Richard Childress in 2004 in Lexington, NC. The property sits on a landscape in Lexington on 72 acres. The vineyard is among the most popular wineries in North Carolina.
When you visit the area, you’ll learn so much about Lexington and Childress vineyards’ significant roles.
Childress Vineyards has everything you need for your fun activity. It’s one of my favorite destinations in North Carolina.
It’s the perfect escape for large groups, families, business people, and couples. The people are good, and the city has a good ambiance for relaxing.
If you are planning to travel to Childress vineyards, then you need to know the below things:
1. Have lunch at Childress bistro
They have a small restaurant that serves delicious food at an affordable price. They have good staff who will support you in choosing the type of food or drink you want.
The only drawback is that you can’t enter the Bistro with cupcakes; you’ll be advised to eat them inside their lobby.
As you plan to visit the vineyard, I’d recommend you make a reservation for your lunch so that, you can have a great experience.
Key things to note:
- Their staff are knowledgeable in the selection of food and drinks
- They have a lot of drinks to choose from
- Their food is delicious
- It’s a good place for travelers who want to enjoy their traveling experience
- The Bistro has been voted OpenTable’s top 100 scenic restaurants in America.
- No outside food, beverages, or pets are allowed.
2. Enjoy lunch outside the bistro
If you don’t want to eat lunch at Childress Bistro, you can sit outside and enjoy your lunch. Most people travel from Charlotte for lunch on the Terrace.
Their food and wine are good. But if you want a great experience, I’d recommend you eat at Childress Bistro property.
3. Excellent servers (waitress)
Childress Vineyard’s servers have been rated as some of the best hostesses.
When you eat lunch at Childress Bistro, you will note their attentiveness and their excellent knowledge of food and drinks.
- If you want to come on weekends or special events, make sure you book at least two weeks in advance.
4. Shop at Childress gift shop
They have a gift shop where you can buy birthday cakes, chocolates, and wines.
The price of the items is budget-friendly and will not make you have a different thought.
If you happen to shop in their gift shop, make sure you choose the best gift for your spouse or your family.
5. Celebrate your birthday
If you want to host a birthday party in an exclusive environment, then Childress vineyard is the place to have it.
The place is amazing. You can reserve for your birthday brunch and expect to get exceptional service from every staff member you’ll encounter.
6. Enjoy slushies and muscadine
The Childress vineyard is well known for selling Slushies and Muscadine wine.
From the large selection of wine, the majority of travelers prefer to have Slushies and Mascudine.
If you happen to host an event, I’d recommend you try their Slushies and Muscadine wine. You’ll love it.
7. Fun wine tasting
They have a great staff who will help you with wine tasting. Childress vineyard staff are knowledgeable and will make sure you have a good experience when it comes to wine tasting.
Childress’ tasting room is exquisite and will make you enjoy your wine. The room is designed with natural wood and is super clean with an elegant touch.
Before you get to eat, make sure you taste your preferred wine before your stomach becomes full.
8. Elegant pavilion
They have a spacious pavilion that can be used for entertainment.
The property is located near a man-made lake. The beautiful ground makes the vineyard attractive.
If you are near the Lexington area, you must visit the Childress vineyard.
|Address: 1000 Childress Vineyards Rd. Lexington, NC 27295|
Tasting Room & Gift Shop Daily 10 am – 5 pm
Bistro Lunch served daily 10 am – 4 pm
Email: [email protected]
Frequently Asked Question
|1. When is the best time to visit Childress Vineyards?||You can visit any time of the day or month, but I’d recommend you visit any day of the week to avoid large crowds.|
|2. How many days should I spend in the Lexington area?||I’d recommend 3-4 days so that you can have a good experience when visiting the Childress vineyards and other attractions near the property.|
Below are nearby areas to visit:
1. Charlotte’s Historical City Tour
2. Sea Life Charlotte Concord Aquarium Admission Ticket
3. Historic Uptown Neighborhood Segway Tour of Charlotte
4. Greensboro Scavenger Hunt: Greensboro’s Greatest!
5. Charlotte Beyond the Grave Haunted History Walking Ghost Tour
6. Queen City Ghosts of Charlotte Chilling Haunted Dark History Ghost Tour
7. Winston–Salem Treasure Hunt: When Winston Met Salem!
8. Carolina History & Haunts Greensboro Historical Ghost Tour
|3. Where to stay?||To be close to the Childress vineyards, I’d recommend you stay in any of the following places:|
1. Village Inn Hotel & Event Center, Trademark Collection by Wyndham
2. Holiday Inn Express & Suites Lexington NW-The Vineyard
3. Quality Inn & Suites
4. Days Inn by Wyndham Lexington
5. La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Winston-Salem
6. Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Thomasville/High Point/Lexi
7. Super 8 by Wyndham Clemmons/Winston-Salem Area
|4. What type of wine is Childress Vineyards known for?||The most common wines you will see are Slushies and Muscadine. From my own experience, the two brands have the best taste.|
As you can see from the above, Childress vineyards has some good things you can have with them. Before you visit, I recommend you plan on how to visit the property as well as the nearby areas.
I hope this guide on Childress Vineyards will help you make a plan and visit the property.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment box below.