If you’re planning a family or a getaway visit, then Temecula is the best place to have fun.
There are many cool things to do in Temecula. The city has over 40 wineries and is loved by visitors for its wine culture.
Besides the wine culture, the city is well known for:
- Wine tasting
- Weekend couple’s getaway
- Family vacation
- Laid back atmosphere
- Hot air balloon experiences
- Being drier than San Diego
Without further adieu, let’s explore the best things you can do in Temecula.
Cool things for couples to do
It’s one of the most visited and unique tourist attractions in Temecula California. It’s an ideal place for couples to visit and enjoy their entire time having fun.
So, what makes Wilson Creek unique for couples?
- Its scenery’s beautiful
- They have a great fun family area where you can bring your kids
- They like to serve almond Champagne in a chocolate cup
- They provide a conducive environment for having a delicious brunch
If you’re a non-alcoholic person, then you can visit the below areas to unwind your thoughts:
- Axe throwing.
- Pechanga Resort & Casino.
- Horseback riding.
- Grab an Uber and tour the old town area.
Below are a few things couples should know about Wilson Creek:
- Their Almond Champagne (sparkling wine) is terrific
- They have a huge wine club that can help couples interact with other members.
- They have a large tasting area.
- The property is located on a beautiful location.
- Their salad is tasty and delicious.
- You can take home wine or food.
- 85% of California couples love their chocolate bread pudding.
- It’s a perfect place for holding a wedding anniversary
2. Take a Ride On Hot Air Balloon
Take a hot air balloon flight that will make you see:
- Wineries near Temecula California
- Lavish vineyards of the Temecula valley
- Topography of Southern California
If you want to have the best experience, then you need to ride on the grape escape air balloon.
Below are key things to note:
- Pilots are hilarious and they like making dad jokes to clients.
- After the flight, you’ll be treated to a champagne toast.
- The flight takes three hours and it will end at Europa village.
Finally, make sure a hot air balloon ride is on your bucket list and you’ll not regret it.
3. Go for A Night Out
If you spend more than a day, I’d recommend you pay a visit to the old town Temecula blues club.
It’s a popular club for local Temeculans that plays live music and hosts the best shows every night.
Below are a few things to note about blues club:
- They are known for hosting live music
- They have a live band and a DJ
- They have a few cabanas with fire pits
- The asparagus bruschetta is super delicious
- There is a cover charge of $5 – $10
4. Visit Baily’s Old Town for Lunch
Baily’s old town is a great place for couples and families to have delicious food.
The eatery is well known for:
- Delicious meal
- hosting live music
- Great wine and beer
Quick tip: If you want to experience a perfect treat, you need to make sure your visit lands on the weekend because local artists perform on the weekend.
5. Take A Tour
Before you retreat to your hotel or resort, I’d highly encourage you to ride along with a local guide so that you can learn historical stories about the old town area. This will give you an opportunity to take great photos at the historical locations.
6. Play Golf
With good weather and beautiful sceneries, Temecula is a perfect place to play golf. For starters, I’d recommend you visit Temecula creek golf club for guidance.
7. Visit A Spa
After a long day of weekend getaway, I’d recommend you visit Grapeseed spa for renewing your body and mind. The location is private and is an ideal place for relaxing.
Make sure you:
- Wake up early and head over to the spa treatment.
- request for an expert who will guarantee your care for a greater experience.
- have your meal so that you can fuel up your day’s activities.
Best things you can do with your family
8. Go Shopping
Temecula, CA is a perfect opportunity for shopping. The area has cool stores that sell awesome gifts, chocolates, ice cream, etc.
Their shops have varieties of items you can purchase and take them home when you return.
9. Have A Dreamy Dinner
Before you call it a day, I’d recommend you visit Tramonto ristorante for dinner.
The place is a perfect location for families to have an awesome dinner.
The restaurant is known for:
- Almond cookies
10. Visit Temecula Wineries
Temecula, CA has great wineries you can enjoy and have fun. Below are things to consider before you start a winery tour:
- Have a local guide.
- As you move about the valley make sure you take pictures of the beautiful scenery.
- If you happen to engage yourself in wine tasting, make sure you meet the right wine-making expert who will guide you.
- Make sure you stop and have a healthy snack so that you can keep your energy strong.
11. Visit Vail Lake
If you plan to stay more than a day in Temecula, you must visit Vail lake for fishing and camping.
The place is known for:
- mountain biking
- having a good price for full hookups
- The Café on site is fantastic
- Seeing a nice view of a little Arroyo Seco
During the Christmas season, you can:
- Visit Peltzer ice skating with your family. Please note that you will need to reserve before your skating session.
- Visit malls and vendor markets for shopping.
- book early tickets for gala nights, buffets, and dinners
During new year’s eve, make sure you book your Uber early since the Temecula area will have a lot of people moving around.
Below are great places to have fun on the Christmas holidays:
- Grace Presbyterian Church Temecula
- Falkner Winery
- Running Centre-Temecula
- Old Town Temecula Community Theatre
- Next door to Paint & Sip
- Trattoria Toscana
- Cork Fire Kitchen
Fun things you can do with your kids
12. Visit Alpaca Hacienda
Who said you can’t have fun with your children?
In fact Temecula, CA is a perfect location for kids to learn and have fun with family members.
If you happen to have kids on your Temecula trip, I’d advise you to take them to Alpaca Hacienda so that they can learn more about alpacas.
Make sure you:
- carry snack and water
- book a private tour
13. Visit Pennypickle’s Workshop
You can take your children to Pennypickle’s workshop to learn more about science. Your children will have an opportunity to do live sessions.
Below are key things to note about:
- It has unique rooms for science experiments
- Children learn a lot from the interactions
- It’s a good place for children to go for a field trip.
- It’s one of the coolest children’s museums to interact and learn more
14. Pay A Visit To Peltzer Pumpkin Farm
One of the best things to do in Temecula with kids is to take them to Peltzer pumpkin.
Beyond picking a perfect pumpkin, the farm is owned by a family that has the best interest of the children.
Your children can:
- play carnival gems
- watch pig races
- feed sheep’s
- take inspiring photos of the farm
- take train rides and pony rides only after 3 pm on weekdays
15. Go to Sugarplum Farm
Visit Sugarplum farm to see animals and chocolate tasting.
The farm is owned by Lani Rodgers who manages the wild animals that need care.
She also makes gourmet chocolates. If you happen to be there, your children can have a taste of the chocolate.
Below are key things to note:
- After viewing their animals, you’ll get free chocolate samples
- The place is so cute for the kids
- The place has a zebra, water buffalo, and camel
- The goats, Llama and Alpaca can be fed by kids
- Your kids can have a chance to touch the bunnies and chickens.
Unusual things for large groups and adults can do
This is where the rubber meets the road.
Once you arrive in Temecula, CA, make sure you look for a place to sleep.
Below are the best places for accommodation:
- The New Inn
- Carter Estate Winery
- Ponte Vineyard Inn
- The New Inn
- Europa Village
Alternatively, you can look for Airbnb which is pretty affordable and very luxurious.
Most of their Airbnbs are surrounded by fantastic wineries.
Below are fun things large groups and adults can do:
- Visit Ocean view mine to dig up gems for yourself. The place is known for its tourmaline.
- In the evening after a long day of fun, you can axe throwing at Socalaxe.com. The place is perfect for bachelor/bachelorette parties. and other celebrations.
- Visit Pechanga casino.
- Choose a farm and request horse riding.
Things you can do with your dog
If you happen to come with a dog, below are fun things you can do with your dog:
- Take a hike with it.
- Get an Uber ride during the wine tour.
- Enjoy a picnic in Temecula valley.
- Take a walk around the Temecula area
And now it’s time to hear what you have to say.
When it comes to having fun in Temecula, which fun activity do you prefer?
Are you a hot air balloon all the way?
Or do you prefer to visit Temecula wineries?
Let me know by leaving a comment below right now.